It is said in Puranas, that Goddess Kamakshi did 32 act of charity while she was in Kanchipuram doing penance. The symbolic meaning is that the entire humanity should perform charitable acts of a similar kind to make our lives and other lives more meaningful. Temple for Goddess Kamakshi is located in Kanchipuram.
1. Providing houses to the poor and needy
2. Provide free education and food to poor students
3. Feeding the hungry irrespective of any differences
4. Feeding and Maintaining cows
5. Provide free food for prisoners
6. Providing food to beggars who come to our door steps
7. Providing food to travelers
8. Food for destitute/orphans
9. Taking care of pregnant who are awaiting delivery
10. Helping people to take care of children.
11. Provide Milk for needy children.
12. Cremating the dead who are destitute
13. Provide dress for destitute
14. Provide tamboolam for those who need (This may not be relevant in today's context)
15. Provide free medicines for needy patients
16. Helping poor to clean their clothes
17. Provide free haircuts to the needy
18. Give mirrors for the needy
19. Giving artificial ornaments (wood etc) for people who have no ornaments
20. Giving Kajal to needy women
21. Giving hair oil for the needy
22. Providing temporary shelters to people in need
23. Providing first aid to the needy
24. Provide free drinking water to the needy
25. provide free temporary shelter for travellers
26. Digging bathrooms for public bathing
27. Growing gardens.
28. Help cattle to handle skin itches
29. Allow cattle to mate
30. Ploughing the lands for growing paddy
31. Protecting the lives of people who are in danger by providing financial support
32. Arranging for the marriage of financially poor girls